Wednesday, September 25, 2013

0052. Green Beans with Toasted Almonds



Back when I was in school for the Navy, I had a friend named Wen who loved to cook. I mean loved to cook. She was constantly whipping something amazing up and bringing it to us to grub on during class. She invited us all over to her place for dinner one night, and she made green beans with almonds. It was the first time I ever had it, and my mind was BLOWN.

Wen passed away about a year after that dinner party, and I never got the chance to ask her for her recipe. This tastes like the green beans she made for us, and every time I make it I can't help but remember her grin when she set the plate down in front of us.

Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

Prep Time:10 min
Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:5 min
Level: Easy
Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Salt
Toasted slivered or sliced almonds, for garnish


Directions
Cook green beans 5 minutes in 1-inch boiling water, covered. Drain beans and return pan to heat.

Add oil and butter pat to the pan. Toss beans in oil and melted butter. Season beans with a little salt and transfer to a serving plate.

Garnish green beans with toasted slivered or sliced almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment